Monday, March 28, 2011

Friendship- You Don't Have To Meet In Person

I have failed at many friendships. To this day, I don't have any friends who live near me. Of course, I have my sister in law, but even then its not the same. I have made many friendships online with other mommies. I feel for some reason that I can tell these women anything, and they will respect me and not repeat it.

While it is nice to be able to go and do girl things without D, I almost prefer either taking him, or not going. Many people feel they don't need to change their lifestyle just because they became a parent. While I don't feel everyone needs to, I felt I needed to.

Before I got pregnant I wasn't in the best place in my life. Yes, I had a job and friends, but I wasn't respectful of myself. I partied a little too hard, and did not have any serious relationships. For me, finding out I was pregnant changed my life for the better. I feel I am more responsible and I strive to make my son happy.

My friends have been there for me through the hard times. Most of them I have never met in person, but I don't feel you need to meet someone to grow a relationship with them. I love my girls, and I wouldn't change it for the world! Sometimes having someone who isn't directly involved with your problems can help you better find a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment